BLE can help you:
- Bring cutting-edge ideas to your department
- Identify new, multi-center grant opportunities
- Network with colleagues from other disciplines
- Nurture new partnerships and collaborations
- Develop strategic plans for the future
- Keep abreast of new ideas and innovations
The goal of the Big Learning Event is to develop game-changing ideas for the future. The open but structured event will harness the collective ideas of speakers and attendees; inspire, engage an challenge participants; create a forum for authentic cross-disciplinary conversations; develop world-changing ideas and provocative possibilities with people from diverse fields of study and work; and enable transformative learning through intercultural dialogue.
Reasons to attend:
- We all need a network of people to help us develop new ideas. These new ideas can emerge by making connections with people outside our usual groups.
- Small, incremental thinking has its place, but the BLE is designed to help us think big.
- BLE will engage faculty, staff, students and other participants in a vibrant, academically driven experience.
- BLE is a collaborative, cross-disciplinary opportunity for discussions and learning.
- BLE follows the tradition of the Wisconsin Idea. For more than 150 years, the university has been a leader in innovation and intellectual collaboration that has led to big ideas from which we have all benefited.